Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Solstice

Crumbs after all this time with no blogging I have blogged three times today!

Nights will start to draw in soon so the urge to curl up with some handwork over machine stitches is
 tempting.
The combination of the two methods came about after watching a Quilt Show programme with Carol Ann Waugh called Stupendous Stitching. It was a good way to practise couching and trying out the decorative stitches on the Bernina 830 too. A lot of fun!
.

Of course playing at the machine with new ideas is fun too.
These both were started as cases for my pc tablet but now I am not sure? Perhaps slippery satin isn't the best idea------though it does show the stitching so well.


There is a last flurry of flowers and at last some butterflies. We have really missed them this year.

 

I can't remember whether these sunflowers are supposed to be small or they are just stunted as they were late being transplanted?
Welcome colour though!

Cooler days mean the woodstove will be giving us a welcoming glow so there are logs to split! 

 

I hope those logs don't squash my little box hedge next to them!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Quilt Rat said...

oh...I saw the show you speak of...her enthusiasm is contagious!

LOVE the stitched satin piece....I have never tried FMQ on satin I will put it on my MUST try list :-)